Caching mechanisms can be used to prevent redundant operations during repeated execution of an automated measurement. Dataflow information, as available in dataflow-based virtual instrumentation environments, can be used to reduce cache overhead and to limit the cache space required. Methods are presented to determine the caching scheme best suited for a particular algorithm, based on general graph properties.
- E. Steenput, “Caching in dataflow-based instrumentation and measurement environments”, doctoral dissertation, October 1999. (english, 4.6Mb pdf)
- E. Steenput, Y. Rolain, “Caching in Dataflow-Based Environments”, invited paper to IEEE Instrumentation and Measurement Magazine, Vol.2, No. 3, September 1999, pp 33-37. (english, 306 kb pdf)
- E. Steenput, Y. Rolain, “Caching in Dataflow-based Environments”, Proceedings of the IEEE International Workshop On Virtual And Intelligent Measurement Systems, Venice, Italy, May 21, 1999. (english, 643kb pdf)
- E. Steenput, Y. Rolain, “Caching of Intermediate Results in Identification Environments” poster presentation at ICCoS workshop, Brussels, February 4, 1998. (255kb gif)
- E. Steenput, Y. Rolain, “Caching of intermediate results in dataflow environments”, Proceedings of the IEEE Workshop on Emergent Technologies & Virtual Systems for Instrumentation and Measurement, Minnesota Club, St. Paul, MN, USA, May 15-16, 1998, pp 138-147. (english, 455kb pdf)
- E. Steenput, Y. Rolain, “Auto-Consistent Environment for Measurement Software Development”, IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, Volume 46, number 4, August 1997, pp 742-746.
- E. Steenput, Y. Rolain, “Data Consistency and Redundant Operations in Measurement System Development”, Proceedings of the IEEE Workshop on Emergent Technologies & Virtual Systems for Instrumentation and Measurement, Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada, May 15-16, 1997, pp 112-117.
- E. Steenput, Y. Rolain, “Auto-Consistent Mathematical Environment for Measurement Software Development”, Proceedings of the IEEE Instrumentation and Measurement Technology Conference, Brussels, Belgium, June 4-6, 1996, Volume I, pp 21-26.
Model parameter identification tools offer serious competition to traditional white-box physical modelling solutions for LTI systems at RF frequencies. One sometimes stated disadvantage of an estimated black-box model with regard to a white-box model is that an equivalent circuit for use in a simulation program (such as Spice) is not readily available.
- E. Steenput, “A Spice circuit can be synthesised with a specified set of S parameters”, doctoral annex thesis, October 1999. (english, 112kb pdf)
- E. Steenput, “A Spice circuit can be synthesised with a specified set of S parameters”, unpublished paper, November 1999. (english, 75kb pdf)
- E. Steenput, “Affecting combustion through sound”, English language summary (english, html)
- E. Steenput, “Beinvloeding van verbranding door geluid”, thesis voor de Aanvullende studie van de Vlaamse Interuniversitaire Raad: Bijzonder aanvullend jaar in de Lucht- en Ruimtevaarttechnologie, 1993. (dutch, 540kb pdf)
- P. Boekaerts , E. Steenput, M. Acheroy, P. Van Ham, J. Cornelis, “Cloud detection in Multi-Spectral NOAA-AVHRR data using Multi-Layer Perceptrons: a pilot study”, Space Scientific Research in Belgium, Earth Observation Part 1, Federal Office for Scientific, Technical and Cultural Affairs, 1994, pp 173-179 (english, 414kb pdf)
- P. Boekaerts, E. Steenput, M. Acheroy, P. Van Ham, J. Cornelis, "Cloud detection in multi-spectral NOAA-AVHRR data using Multi-layer perceptrons: a pilot study." DPWB (Studiedag Aardse Atmosfeer en Aardobservatie), 29 Oct. 1993 (same text as above)
- E. Steenput, “Wolkherkenning op multispectrale satellietbeelden (NOAA-AVHRR data) met neurale netwerken”, thesis Burgerlijk werktuigkundig-elektrotechnisch ingenieur, specialisatie informatica, 1992. (dutch, 5.1Mb pdf)
A text on electrical circuit analysis, for the course I was giving to the second year students of the faculty of Applied Science. I'm actually quite proud of this, as it proved really helpful to the students.
- “Netwerkanalyse, inleiding tot de oefeningen”, 1996. (dutch, 421 kb pdf)