Some academic papers and other text from my school days…
Caching mechanisms can be used to prevent redundant operations during repeated execution of an automated measurement. Dataflow information, as available in dataflow-based virtual instrumentation environments, can be used to reduce cache overhead and to limit the cache space required. Methods are presented to determine the caching scheme best suited for a particular algorithm, based on general graph properties.
- E. Steenput, “Caching in dataflow-based instrumentation and measurement environments”, doctoral dissertation, October 1999. (english, 4.6Mb pdf)
- E. Steenput, Y. Rolain, “Caching in Dataflow-Based Environments”, invited paper to IEEE Instrumentation and Measurement Magazine, Vol.2, No. 3, September 1999, pp 33-37. (english, 306 kb pdf)
- E. Steenput, Y. Rolain, “Caching in Dataflow-based Environments”, Proceedings of the IEEE International Workshop On Virtual And Intelligent Measurement Systems, Venice, Italy, May 21, 1999. (english, 643kb pdf)
- E. Steenput, Y. Rolain, “Caching of Intermediate Results in Identification Environments” poster presentation at ICCoS workshop, Brussels, February 4, 1998. (255kb gif)
- E. Steenput, Y. Rolain, “Caching of intermediate results in dataflow environments”, Proceedings of the IEEE Workshop on Emergent Technologies & Virtual Systems for Instrumentation and Measurement, Minnesota Club, St. Paul, MN, USA, May 15-16, 1998, pp 138-147. (english, 455kb pdf)
- E. Steenput, Y. Rolain, “Auto-Consistent Environment for Measurement Software Development”, IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, Volume 46, number 4, August 1997, pp 742-746.
- E. Steenput, Y. Rolain, “Data Consistency and Redundant Operations in Measurement System Development”, Proceedings of the IEEE Workshop on Emergent Technologies & Virtual Systems for Instrumentation and Measurement, Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada, May 15-16, 1997, pp 112-117.
- E. Steenput, Y. Rolain, “Auto-Consistent Mathematical Environment for Measurement Software Development”, Proceedings of the IEEE Instrumentation and Measurement Technology Conference, Brussels, Belgium, June 4-6, 1996, Volume I, pp 21-26.
Model parameter identification tools offer serious competition to traditional white-box physical modelling solutions for LTI systems at RF frequencies. One sometimes stated disadvantage of an estimated black-box model with regard to a white-box model is that an equivalent circuit for use in a simulation program (such as Spice) is not readily available.
- E. Steenput, “A Spice circuit can be synthesised with a specified set of S parameters”, doctoral annex thesis, October 1999. (english, 112kb pdf)
- E. Steenput, “A Spice circuit can be synthesised with a specified set of S parameters”, unpublished paper, November 1999. (english, 75kb pdf)
Affecting combustion through sound, a study into the possibility of reducing the environmental effects of garbage incineration by using acoustic techniques in the incinerator.
- E. Steenput, “Affecting combustion through sound”, English language summary (english, html)
- E. Steenput, “Beinvloeding van verbranding door geluid”, thesis voor de Aanvullende studie van de Vlaamse Interuniversitaire Raad: Bijzonder aanvullend jaar in de Lucht- en Ruimtevaarttechnologie, 1993. (dutch, 540kb pdf)
Cloud classification on multispectral NOAA-AVHRR satellite images using a neural network system.
- P. Boekaerts , E. Steenput, M. Acheroy, P. Van Ham, J. Cornelis, “Cloud detection in Multi-Spectral NOAA-AVHRR data using Multi-Layer Perceptrons: a pilot study”, Space Scientific Research in Belgium, Earth Observation Part 1, Federal Office for Scientific, Technical and Cultural Affairs, 1994, pp 173-179 (english, 414kb pdf)
- P. Boekaerts, E. Steenput, M. Acheroy, P. Van Ham, J. Cornelis, “Cloud detection in multi-spectral NOAA-AVHRR data using Multi-layer perceptrons: a pilot study.” DPWB (Studiedag Aardse Atmosfeer en Aardobservatie), 29 Oct. 1993 (same text as above)
- E. Steenput, “Wolkherkenning op multispectrale satellietbeelden (NOAA-AVHRR data) met neurale netwerken”, thesis Burgerlijk werktuigkundig-elektrotechnisch ingenieur, specialisatie informatica, 1992. (dutch, 5.1Mb pdf)
A text on electrical circuit analysis, for the course I was giving to the second year students of the faculty of Applied Science. I’m actually quite proud of this, as it proved really helpful to the students.
- “Netwerkanalyse, inleiding tot de oefeningen”, 1996. (dutch, 421 kb pdf)